Pages

Monday, January 14, 2008

not a happy post

there's no easy way to post things like this so i'll just jump right into it.

my pop passed away today...my dad's dad.

he's been battling cancer for a few months now. they found it in his bones, but it had already progressed so far that there wasn't much they could do.

he was in his early 80's. chemo wasn't really an option. he just wasn't strong enough for it.

he was in alot of pain and as hard as it is, this was definitely the best thing.

my granny is in the hospital right now also. they were in there together. she's having trouble with her blood pressure and her heart is apparently only working at 30% capacity or something. i think alot of it is from the stress of the whole situation.

she is a very strong woman, though. she's defeated a stroke, breast cancer, and heart surgery.

they live about a mile from my parents. my dad graduated from college and moved back to avoca to be close to them after she had her stroke. he never left. he's always been right down the road from them. my pop and him have farmed together ever since. now it will all be on my dad.

the funeral will probably be on thursday. i go back to the doctor on wednesday. hopefully she'll give me the okay to go...even though my granny will have a fit. she's already given me "orders" to stay home. i would just really like to be there for my dad, most of all.

i know my pop is in a better place. i just pray for peace for my family.

11 comments:

Nanna's Place said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nanna's Place said...

I'm praying with you Crystal. Father be the peace that her family
needs right now. Be their comfort. Help them to make this journey. Walk along side of them and let them feel your presence.
Be with her grandmother and strenghten her. You are an awsome God. I love you Crystal. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

marme said...

I'm sorry about your pop. I didn't know until I read your post. You should have called. I'm praying for you and your family. Let me know if I can do anything. I love you.

Meems said...

I'm sorry this is on you right now. Lord please bring a peace to the family and keep Crys safe on her trip.

Let me know if I can do anything.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry about yours and your families loss Crys. I will be praying for all of you through this difficult time.

JAC said...

We're praying for you and your family. If the doctor tells you NO, listen - because you just might have that precious little boy while on the road.....fun times!!! Praying and lovin' you.

ree said...

i'm so sorry, crys.
you and your family are in my prayers. let me know if there's anything i can do.

kj said...

i love you my friend.

no_iffer said...

I am so sorry. You and your family is in my prayers.

kablot spot said...

Well, we will be praying for you. Be prepared for the Dr. to tell you 'No.' and be prepared to obey. You can always go later after the baby is born.

Sarah P. Henry said...

i'm so sorry. what did the doctor say today?