- i'm supposed to have my observation...at some point. it's now wednesday, halloween, and i don't think he'll be coming today. i'm teaching sequencing tomorrow which is not the easiest thing in the world and i will only be at school 1st and 2nd period on friday. we're running out of time. i have a feeling he'll be coming to my 5th period to see if i have them "under control" yet. that leaves only today or tomorrow. yesterday, i had a walk-through 7th period from the vice principal. the comment on my form was "this would've been better if your students were paying attention during the instructions." i'm not one of those teachers who needs to have everything in perfect order and silence all of the time. i know i've been too lax up until now for their standards, but this was my ap class. they function well with a little interaction. anyway, that was not a good preview for my observation. so, i'm now stressed again.
- rock the pumpkin is tonight. i'm so happy that we have such an awesome outreach, but the work that goes into it is getting overwhelming. i thought everything was under control and i had everything scheduled and ready to go with volunteers only having to work one 1-hour shift. that was until yesterday. the youth was supposed to take three booths and cover working them. i found out yesterday they didn't have much of a response from the youth. so, at 8:30 last night, i was going back through my volunteers calling and explaining why i needed them for more than one shift. i only have 2 empty spots to fill and i know it will all come together, but on top of everything else, this is crazy. i also had to get the list ready to make sure we have everything needed for each booth and try to remember the general layout of the games from last year so they could be setting up today while i'm at work. it starts at 5:30, and i know i won't be leaving this place until at least 4:30.
- jacob is still sick. my mom came down to stay with him. she has to leave tonight to go back home and take care of my grandparents. i'm hoping he is well enough to go back to school tomorrow. last night, he had another fever and started in with unpleasant side effects from his medicine involving changing many diapers. i still haven't even tried on his costume. i don't even know if we should take him out tonight.
- they were cleaning our house last night...which means it's almost done. we have to go tonight, after rock the pumpkin, and do a walk through. they're supposed to be doing all touch-ups today. we have to go look and see if there's anything else that needs to be fixed. if not, they'll clean again tomorrow and we'll close 10:30 friday morning and move in after that. have i even begun packing?? no. we're supposed to find out sometime today how our appraisal came in and how much we will owe at closing, if any. we're hoping for the least amount so i can go on a shopping spree this weekend! otherwise, you'll be seeing my same old stuff in a brand new house.
- did i mention i'm pregnant?? this little boy sits right at the front of my belly at all times. i can barely put my socks on these days because it's so uncomfortable. my stomach is always so tight, it makes simple tasks very hard to do...like picking up paper off the floor. i've been running around like a madwoman all week and it's not going to let up anytime soon. we'll be busy all weekend and then i'll have to start another week. there's still 2 more weeks until thanksgiving break. i'm hoping i can make it.
so, if you happen to see me and i don't acknowledge you or i look really stressed, know that it's normal and nothing personal. you'll be lucky for me to even notice a bright light on my nose this week!