The current throw pillows on our couch are, let's say, less than impressive. I've been unhappy with them for quite some time, but I HATE spending money on things that just look pretty and serve no practical purpose. Also, I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go with them.
This morning, as I looked at them with disgust...again, I realized that I could just sew new covers to go over the existing filler. That thought was good in theory.
The pillows that I have do not have covers. They're all one piece with stuffing inside. Does that make sense?
Anyway, I had to cut the pillow to get to the filling. Since I wanted to sew a simple envelope cover, I had to first sew a cover for the filling that would then be inserted into the real cover.
It all sounds very complicated but turned out to be pretty simple.
I made a trip to hobby lobby this morning and found some super cute fabric that I think I'll be able to find other fabric to coordinate with.
The real plus is that with the existing filler, the fabric that I already owned to make the inside cover, and a 40% off coupon for the fabric, the updated pillow cost me $5.51. I can handle that!
One down, three or four more to go.
On another note, I would've posted a comparison of the old and new, but I currently have one cute boy taking a nap on the matching old one.