Pages

Friday, March 2, 2007

perfect...or something close

this is what i yearn to be.

i want to be the perfect wife. i want to be the perfect mother. i want to be the perfect teacher. i want to be the perfect friend. i want to be the perfect christian.

i know nobody's perfect, but...

no matter how hard i try, i always come up short. i always seem to have a bad attitude and i hate that about myself.

i've noticed when i ask people how they are, most reply, "GREAT!". my response is always, "okay", with a big sigh. i hate being like that!

i hate it that my husband has to always ask me if i love him because i don't tell him often enough.

i hate it that my mother-in-law feels the need to clean our house because i don't keep it clean enough.

i hate it that my kids don't learn because i don't love my job enough.

i hate it that my son may not have a good relationship with jesus because i do not get in the word enough.

i hate it that i do not have many friends because i am not outgoing enough.

i hate it that i hate this many things about myself!

i love my husband! i love my son! i love jesus! i love my friends!

overall, i love my life! it is near perfect...what's wrong with me?

No comments: