Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

octopus

just an ordinary word...octopus.

but when you hear it come out of the mouth of a 20 month old little boy...it somehow becomes extraordinary.

i know i'm probably just a proud mom and the things jacob does really aren't that outstanding compared to other kids...but i like to think that i have an extraordinary little boy with extraordinary talents and extraordinary brains. i like to think that i, as a mother, have accomplished something extraordinary.

i want my son to grow up and be successful...more so than his dad and i. i want him to grow up to be a wonderful husband, dad, friend, christian...

i want him to be extraordinary.

i want all these things, yet all i've been doing lately is complaining about how bad he has been acting. he's been defiant, whiny, and sometimes down right mean.

yet, for the past two mornings, i've gone to drop him off at daycare and he just clings to me not wanting me to leave. i'll put him down and try to say bye and he just looks up at me heartbroken. i kneel down and he runs into my arms and just leans against me with his head on my shoulder...(no longer on my chest because he's gotten so big).

every morning, i leave longing to just spend 5 more minutes with him. yet, the night before i couldn't wait for him to go to bed so i could have peace and quiet.

does this make me a bad mom...or just normal?

1 comment:

kj said...

i'm the least qualified person to say this; but i know you and i know your love for your son. i also have been around so many young moms with new babies and in my opinion, you are completely normal.

completely normal, yet somehow, completely extraordinary.

your son is blessed.