Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

and then there's this...

we just got home a little while ago from a mini vacation.

as we're unpacking, i'm trying to pick up the house at the same time. i'm rearranging things on shelves and putting things away.

i was reorganizing the pile of things we have on our nightstand.

i picked up my bible to move it and noticed and ant on it. (that's a whole other story.) anyway, i shook my bible to get the ant off and a small envelope fell out.

the envelope was from one of our women's retreats. it simply said "my beloved" on the front.

i pulled out the card inside and it read, "my eyes and affections are upon you now."

i remember being at the retreat and getting that card and thinking, how does this apply to me now? i struggled with the meaning then.

but man, i get it now.

how appropriate. how perfect. how simply...Him.

i opened my bible to put it into some random spot and i came to the book of Numbers. i started reading through and remembered that in my older bible, the one that has ALL the notes and underlines, and highlights in it that i had marked a specific portion of Numbers. my current bible is the Message version. i couldn't easily recognize the verse so i went and pulled out my other bible. i immediately found it.

Numbers 6:22 - 27 (NKJV)

22 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, 'This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel. Say to them: 24 "The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; 26 The Lord lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace.'" 27 "So they shall put my name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them."

all i could do was smile.

what an awesome God we serve.

3 comments:

JAC said...

You will be ok because you and Jerry know who to cling to and He will never, ever fail you. Love you each and every one!

Anonymous said...

God's provision is ever present! Thank you for sharing!

marme said...

It's so comforting to know, He knew 7 months ago you would need that word today. Our God cares.