Pages

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

morning conversation

every morning after i take my shower, i go to the kitchen and get some breakfast. after that, i go back to my room where two of my loves are sleeping, (yes, jacob sleeps with us alot) and i sit in my rocking chair. while i'm eating, i read my bible.

this morning, i decided to eat my breakfast and THEN read. i always seem to be distracted by a million other things going on in my head. so as i'm eating, i'm praying. i'm asking God why i am always so distracted? why can i not just focus?

Him: "because you try to do more than one thing at a time."

me: "i'm a mom. i have to multi-task."

Him: "don't I deserve your undivided attention? if you would just sit and listen to me, I have something for you."

me: no answer.

i open my bible. i've been reading through the psalms lately. i turn to psalm 38. verse 15 in the message says

"What I do, God, is wait for you, wait for my Lord, my God—you will answer!"

yes He will.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

That's good stuff!

marme said...

This is the whisper of God...listen. Trust me...listen.

Sarah P. Henry said...

i'm crying while the kids take a final! quick! where's a tissue?!

i LOVE it when He does that!

i second marme: listen. He's got something good!