Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2007

papa's tractor

if you look closely, in this tractor sits my jacob with his papa (my dad). this is one of my all-time favorite pictures. it just captures the simplicity of joy...not only for jacob, but for my dad.

we got up saturday morning...the first time in 4 months or so that jerry didn't have to go to work...and after about an hour, we were already bored. how would we ever fill up our day with limited money but lots of time?

we decided to take a trip to the zoo in abilene...just half an hour from my parents.

my mom and sister met us there. my dad was, of course, on the tractor working. we had debated on whether to stay the night or just go home, but since he didn't get to go to the zoo with us, we decided to stay so jacob could see his papa.

we went to my parents' house and hung out outside while my dad cooked steaks. (he is the greatest steak cook ever!) the tractor was sitting in the field by their house. to jacob, every tractor is papa's tractor. it's so cute. so of course, when he saw it, he knew it was papa's and wanted to ride it. my dad told him he could ride it in the morning, because it was getting dark.

jacob is only 1 year and 9 months. you wouldn't expect him to even know what that meant. but my jacob...he accepted his papa's words and went on playing.

the next morning we get up and the first words out of his mouth..."ride papa's tractor"!

you can just picture the smile on my dad's face.

as promised, he got to ride "papa's tractor".

1 comment:

kj said...

this really is the cutest picture. i love it. it is so old-timey looking. even though i can't see jacob really well, posted on the blog, i know he's there on his papa's knee and that just makes me smile.

totally cute!