Pages

Friday, February 23, 2007

Joy

Here's Jacob on the day he came home sick...

He looks pretty sick to me, don't you think?!

He seems to be a little undecided on whether he wants to play baseball or golf.



And here he is at the park...on the day he was sick...
How sweet is the look on his face?!
He is my joy.

Though he looks pretty okay in these pics, for the past couple of days, he has been battling a fever and a severely sore throat. It is so pitiful to see him try to cough, only to stop halfway because it hurts so bad.

We thought we might get some sleep last night because he spent the entire day at the lake with his Papa and Grandma.

We thought wrong.

Another night of waking up to a foot in the mouth or head in the back about every 30 minutes. We've debated on whether to take him to the emergency room or hold off until Monday. After our last experience at the Shannon ER, we are very hesitant.

About 4 a.m., he finally went to sleep and slept until 7:30. Of course, that was little comfort to my husband, who left for work around 5 a.m.

He is now sitting on the living room floor watching Shrek. Yes, Shrek. We see this movie at least twice a day! I'm just happy he's occupied at the moment and not screaming.

There are times, as a mother, that I feel so helpless and at a loss. Whenever I can't comfort or calm my own child...it's the worst feeling.

On the other hand, to see him look at a "horsey" the way he did in the picture up top...that feeling is pure joy.

He brings me joy...

No comments: