Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Heartbreaking

At the swift persuasion of my friend...here I am...creating my very own blog.

The only reason I have more than two seconds to sit at my computer to even do this is because my precious baby boy is home sick today. His sitter called this morning and said he had a 103 degree fever. Being the paranoid mom that I am, I took off work immediately to go get him. He is now sweetly lying in his parents' bed taking, what I would bet money on, a very short nap.

I laid down with him earlier to get him to go to sleep. He just rolled over on his side pitifully and snuggled up next to me. Moments like those, I treasure deeply. As much as it breaks my heart to see him sick, in these times, I am his comforter. All he wants is for me to hold him next to me while he sleeps. But soon, the sickness will pass and I will be nothing but his mom...the one that laughs at everything he does and he laughs back at just to humor me.

These moments are like none other.

Such a sweet, precious boy...

No comments: